Here is everything you need to know!
We accept items on consignment for a period of 90 days
and our consignors receive 50% of the selling price!
*For Complete info on our consignment policies, please check here for the PDF.
As a general rule, anything we accept must be in very good condition, is typically less than 5 years old, and current in style; ie you could buy a similar item today at a furniture store, online retailer or home decor store. Consignment items are generally priced at 30-60% off of the original retail price, taking into account the brand, condition, and our in-depth experience of what specific items will sell for. Brands that sell particularly well at Home Again include Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, Pier One, HomeGoods, Wayfair, Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware, Rowe, Lazy Boy, Ballard Designs, Z Gallery and Tommy Bahama.
Here are more specifics on the items we consign:
- Wooden furniture, including dining, bedroom, and accent furniture, must have no missing hardware, must be in excellent working condition, with only slight scratches or imperfections in the finish. We accept very few armoires, and typically only if they have clothing storage drawers, or have been converted to be bars or office units. On occasion, we can accept some older furniture that is timeless in style, such as pine farm tables, chinoiserie styles, and ‘shabby chic’ furniture. Traditional mahogany and cherry Queen Anne and other traditional styles are not good sellers for us. If in doubt, feel free to email us or stop by with pictures.
- Upholstered items, such as sofas and chairs, must have no stains, rips, tears, odors, pet hair, noticeable fading and must be from smoke-free homes; ie they will be in excellent condition. The age of the upholstery item we accept will typically be 5 years or less. By law, we cannot accept sleeper sofas or futons, although we do accept sleepers on a case-by-case basis if the mattress has been removed and it is in otherwise like new condition. Most items are placed directly on our sales floor, so please make sure that all upholstered items are thoroughly vacuumed and spot-cleaned prior to consigning.
- Decorative accessories, art, and lamps must be clean, in excellent shape, and have no major chips, scratches or imperfections. They will typically be current in nature and will have been purchased from stores like HomeGoods, Pier 1, Pottery Barn and local high-end specialty home decor and furniture stores. Items we accept include(but are not limited to) decorative bowls and objects, accent pillows, smaller picture frames, candlesticks, bookends, serving bowls and platters. All lamps must-have shades and they should be clean and in good condition. Framed art must be current in nature and have no warping or frame issues. We do not accept large picture frames without art. The following art motifs do not sell well for us: European & Tuscan art, Western, golf and hunting motif art, and art that is not geographically based in this area, such as New York-themed art. Very high-end original art is difficult to market at prices they are worth, so we recommend selling on national sites like eBay, or 1st Dibs. Coastal art sells particularly well for us. We do not accept inexpensive straw baskets, items that will flake or ‘shed’ excessively, ledge type wall shelves, and most artificial trees. If in doubt, feel free to email us or bring it by.
- We accept chandeliers if they are currently in style and their original retail value was $500 or more. We do not accept wired wall sconces. Please bring the bulbs for chandeliers whenever possible.
- We accept holiday decorations on a very limited basis, and only if they are valued over $50. We start accepting Christmas items the last week of November and ask consignors to pick up any of these items that have not sold immediately after Christmas, we do not keep them for our customary 90-day contract prior.
- We accept patio furniture of all kinds provided that it is in excellent condition with no substantial fading and wear.
Sorry, we do not accept the following items:
- Antiques & collectibles, formal china, crystal or silver
- Futons (not allowed by law).
- Traditional furniture styles to include Queen Anne, baroque, neoclassical, mission or primitive styles. If in doubt, feel free to email us.
- Window treatments, bedding or mattresses of any kind.
- Rugs of any type.
- Furniture that has substantial scratches or stains, odors, pet hair, must be refinished or repaired or is missing hardware. Please make sure to bring all parts that go with an item, such as hardware needed to assemble, chandelier parts, table leaves, bed rails, and slats, etc.
- Toys, juvenile furniture including cribs and bunk-beds, or juvenile art. We do accept changing tables if from a high-end retailer.
- Electronics or appliances of any kind
Ready to get started?
We accept consignments Monday – Friday, 10 am to 5 pm.
Consignments are accepted on Saturdays by appointment only, preferably at 10 am when we open. Unloading help is available.
For larger items, the best way to get started is to email or bring in photos of your items, to include where it was purchased, the brand, and how much it retailed for. The more detailed information you can provide will help us in establishing the best price for your items. If the item is still available online, it is helpful if you can provide the link to it. If you have any original receipts that you can provide, that is also helpful in pricing and selling your furniture.
After we review the information you provide, we will promptly let you know if we can consign your item(s) and help you arrange transportation to the store if necessary. We use independent delivery and pick-up firms, and their rates start at $65.
Please email consignment information to email@example.com
We cannot always judge condition from photographs and reserve the right to refuse items upon inspection if they do not meet our quality criteria. We request 24 hours notice prior to receiving large items so that we have space allocated for it on the floor.
Smaller items, such as decorative accessories and lamps, can be brought in anytime Monday-Friday, and Saturday by appt only. If you are bringing more than 15 smaller items to consign, please give us a call beforehand so that we are expecting you.
If you have a large volume of merchandise, such as a model home or entire estate, one of our associates may be able to conduct an on-site visit, but in many cases, we can review the real estate listing or conduct a FaceTime chat to preview larger volumes of product.
For new consignors, to set up your account, we will need your name, phone number, email address and address where you would like your checks mailed to. If you are not present when we receive your items, we will email you the pricing, along with our contract very quickly, typically within 1 hour of receipt. Please note that your items are placed on the floor for sale immediately, so please review your email right away.
CONSIGNORS, PLEASE NOTE:
Your items are typically placed on the sales floor immediately when received, so make sure to clean them thoroughly prior to consigning. A cleaning fee may be applied if substantial cleaning or touching up must be performed.
Trust Home Again to sell your fine home furnishings!