Here is everything you need to know!
We accept consignments from individuals, interior designers, model home builders and even other furniture and decor stores. With a very active social media presence, plus a popular weekly email, we get your items SEEN an SOLD!
We accept items on consignment for a period of 90 days and our consignors receive 50% of the selling price. For complete info on our consignment policies, please click here for the PDF.
As a general rule, anything we accept must be current in style and in very good condition, ie you could buy a similar item from a furniture or decor store. We do not consign antiques or collectibles. Items are generally priced at 30-60% off of the original retail price, taking into account the brand, condition, and our in-depth experience. Brands that sell well for us include Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, Pier One, HomeGoods, Wayfair, Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware and Ballard Designs.
Here are more specifics on the items we consign, but if in doubt, please give us a call!
- Wooden furniture, including dining, bedroom, and accent furniture, must have no missing hardware, be in excellent working condition, and have only slight scratches or imperfections. While most styles we accept are current, occasionally we accept older items that are timeless such as Hollywood Regency and Chinese Chippendale styles, French Bergere chairs, and pine farm tables. We accept ‘shabby chic’ and chalk-painted furniture, provided it is in good working condition. If in doubt, don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Upholstered items, such as sofas and chairs, must have no stains, rips, tears, odors, pet hair, noticeable fading and must be from smoke-free homes; ie they will be in excellent condition. The age will typically be 5 years or less. By law, we cannot accept sleeper sofas or futons, although we do accept sleepers on a case-by-case basis if the mattress has been removed and it is in otherwise like new condition.
- Decorative accessories, art, and lamps we accept include decorative bowls and objects, designer pillows, smaller picture frames, candlesticks, bookends, serving bowls and platters. Lamps must-have shades. Art must be current in nature and have no warping or frame issues. We do not accept large picture frames without art. Coastal and abstract art sells particularly well for us. Very high-end original art is difficult to market at a price commensurate with value, so we recommend selling on national sites like 1st Dibs or Chairish.
- We accept chandeliers if they are current in style and their original retail value was $300 or more. We do not accept wired wall sconces. Please provide specialty bulbs and all pieces/parts for chandeliers when consigning.
- We accept holiday decorations on a very limited basis, and only if their original retail value was over $50. We accept holiday items between November 15th and December 7th. Consignors must pick up any items that have not sold immediately after Christmas as we do not keep them for our customary 90-day contract prior.
- We accept patio furniture of all kinds provided that it is in excellent condition.
Sorry, we do not accept the following items:
- Antiques & collectibles, formal china, crystal or silver.
- Futons or sleeper sofas with the mattress inside (not allowed by law).
- Most traditional furniture to include Queen Anne, Chippendale, American Colonial or Sheraton styles.
- Television armoires.
- Window treatments, bedding or rugs.
- Toys, juvenile furniture including cribs and bunk-beds, or juvenile art. We do accept changing tables from high-end retailers.
- Electronics or appliances of any kind
Ready to get started?
We accept consignments Monday – Friday, 10 am to 5 pm and Saturdays by appointment.
Unloading help is available.
For larger items, the best way to get started is to email photos, or bring photos to the store. Any information that you can provide about your items is helpful…the age, where purchased, the brand, original retail price. If the item is still available online, please send the link. Original receipts are also helpful in selling your items if they are available.
We will promptly let you know if we can consign your item(s) and help you arrange transportation to the store if necessary. We use independent delivery and pick-up firms, and their rates start at $65. We request 24 hours notice prior to receiving large items so that we have space allocated for it on the floor.
Please email consignment information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Smaller items, such as decorative accessories and lamps, can be brought in anytime Monday-Friday, and Saturday by appt only. If you are bringing more than 15 smaller items to consign, please give us a call beforehand so that we are expecting you.
If you have a large volume of merchandise, such as a model home or entire estate, one of our associates may be able to conduct an on-site visit. In many cases, we can review your real estate listing or conduct a FaceTime chat to preview larger volumes of product.
For new consignors, we will need your name, phone number, email address and mailing address. Checks are mailed in the first ten days of every month for all items that sold the previous month. Make sure to advise us if you have a new mailing address.
Your items are typically placed on the sales floor immediately, so make sure to clean them thoroughly prior to consigning. A cleaning fee may be applied if substantial cleaning or touching up must be performed. We cannot always judge condition from photographs and reserve the right to refuse items if they do not meet our quality criteria.
Trust Home Again to sell your fine home furnishings!