Here is everything you need to know!
We accept items on consignment for a period of 90 days
and our consignors receive 50% of the selling price!
*For Complete info on our consignment policies, please check here for the PDF.
As a general rule, anything we accept must be in ‘like-new’ condition, less than 5 years old, and current in style; in other words, you could buy a similar item in an upscale furniture or décor store.
For larger items, such as a dining set or sofa, it is always best to email or bring in photos first to make sure we can accept it. Once we have accepted your item(s), if you need assistance bringing it to the store, we can recommend delivery companies for you to contact. Their rates vary based on the number of items and location, and typically start at $65.
If you have a large volume of merchandise, such as a model home or entire estate, one of our associates will be happy to conduct an on-site visit by appointment.
All items we accept are placed on our sales floor immediately, so please make sure your items are thoroughly cleaned prior to bringing them in.
Here are a few more details about the items we accept.
- Wooden furniture, including dining, bedroom and accent furniture, must be mostly solid wood with no missing hardware. It must be in excellent working condition, with only slight scratches or imperfections in the finish.
- Upholstered items, such as sofas and chairs, must have no stains, rips, tears, odors, pet hair, noticeable fading and must be from smoke-free homes; in other words, in excellent condition. The age of the upholstery item we accept will generally be 5 years or less.
- Decorative accessories, art and lamps must be clean, in excellent shape, and have no major chips, scratches or imperfections. We are always happy to accept ‘knick-knacks’ such as small picture frames, candlesticks, bookends, serving platters, etc., but ask that you bring us at least 5 or more small items per consignment.
- We accept chandeliers on a limited basis if they are current in style and their original retail value was $500 or more.
- We accept holiday decorations on a very limited basis, and only if they are valued over $75.
- We accept patio furniture of all kinds provided that it is in excellent condition; ie no rust and the cushions must not have substantial fading and wear.
Sorry, we cannot accept the following items:
- Antiques & collectibles
- Traditional, mission or ‘country’ style furniture
- Window treatments, bedding or mattresses
- Full size beds
- Bright brass finished items
- Furniture that must be refinished or repaired
- China, silver, or crystal
- Toys, juvenile furniture or juvenile art
- Electronics or appliances
Ready to get started?
We accept consignments Monday – Friday, 10am to 5 pm.
Consignments are accepted on Saturdays by appointment only.
For larger items, the best way to get started is to send us picture(s), and if possible, include where it was purchased and how much it retailed for. We will promptly let you know if we can consign it and help you arrange transportation if necessary. Email pictures and information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We request 24 hours notice prior to receiving large items. Unloading assistance is typically available on Wednesdays and Saturdays. If you are coming at other times, please bring sufficient manpower to get your item inside the store.
Smaller items, such as decorative accessories and lamps, can be brought in anytime during normal consignment hours.
Trust Home Again to sell your fine home furnishings!